The Power of a Smile!
Most exhibit managers spend significant time training their staff on how the exhibit will flow, the nuances of a new product introductions, and where & when they need to be. But sometimes the most powerful tool is a welcome and inviting staff manning your exhibit.
Establishing a relationship is the essence of the exhibit staff goal. That often does not take a long time, and can happen in an instant. But, you can also miss an opportunity to build a positive relationship.
To create a positive engagement with your prospects:
- Be aware of your facial expression when a customer approaches you.
- Remember a smile is more approachable than a grimace.
- Customers will judge your mood and personality based on your look as they approach you.
- Be sincere and confident.
- When you talk with prospects, keep eye contact with them.
- Treat prospects as they are visitors in your home. Show them hospitality.
- Keep your name badge on the right side of your body so they can see it clearly as they shake hands.
As you staff your booth, make sure that the people you select have an appearance that is consistent with your brand and trade show campaign. Choose people who are naturally friendly, outgoing, smile and are eager to meet attendees. Once you have created your team, make sure they have the tools they need and are properly trained to represent your company and brand. And, remind them to smile!