Many industries experience slower business cycles in summer which may mean fewer trade shows and events. However, for trade show managers, the warm, sunny days shouldn’t just signify a time to relax, unwind and pack away your programs. Summer slow-downs are a great window of time for housekeeping and advance planning. Let’s not forget many annual budgets will be due before the pools close and kids head back to school.
Use the following checklist to make sure you are ready for your next busy tradeshow season.
- Review metrics to date from this year. How has your program performed? Where can you make some improvements in the last half of the year or next year?
- Analyze your budget expenditures. Where can you save? How can you allocate things differently? Where might you need to spend more next year?
- Review your show inventory of exhibits, displays, graphics and giveaways. What needs to be replaced? What can you use again next year?
- Talk to your sales and marketing teams. Will there be any new product launches or corporate announcements next year that your program will need to accommodate?
- Review your show schedule. Are there any conflicts? When you reviewed metrics, did some shows perform better than others? Should some shows be removed from the schedule and others added?
- Review marketing and sponsorship opportunities at each show. Also, review your marketing plan. Are you fully maximizing your exposure at each event?
- Review your staffing. Did you have too few, just enough, or too many team members at each show? Are the right representatives in your exhibit? Can hiring Brand Ambassadors help you cut down on your travel costs?
- Review your goals. What will your goals and objectives be for the next year? How will they differ from last year? And, what steps are you putting in place to meet those goals?
Don’t put your trade show program on vacation this year. Keep it working for your brand and you will be even more prepared and confident heading into the fall trade show season.
Consider Exhibitors Connection as your on-site tech, marketing or event team. We specialize in providing individuals that will be a natural extension of your brand, your company and represent you in an outgoing, professional manner. Let us know if we can provide you with the right team for an upcoming event or tradeshow, 773.631.9465.